Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lake Merrit

Had an inspiring couple of hours around Lake Merritt in Oakland. First stop was Otto Frei. They have jewelry findings and tools. It's somehow gritty and elegant @ the same time. I was looking for earring and cuff findings. After handling wonderful metal tubing and bits I realized I needed to come back when Larry the master jeweler and shop manager was there.
Wandering around while waiting for Ricardo to get off work I stumbled upon Chop Bar. A couple of people at the bar when I walked in, 2 hours later when we left it was packed. Not only only are they commit ed to using local, sustainable ingredients, the vibe is without any attitude. The folks who work there are so genuine and nice. No debates here on how peaceful my chicken was in it's last hour. Can't say I thought of that, it was on Portlandia the great new show by Fred Armisen. OK, back to cutting up produce bags, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment