Thursday, September 24, 2009

turning green

... and not becoming a green neurotic.
So I'm sitting here in my BFs kitchen with my mug of green tea trying not to leap up every time he throws a scrap of paper in the trash. " no wait, you know the cardboard toilet paper roll goes in recycling". This can be REALLY irritating. I KNOW this and yet ... . I grew up pretty green, though it was by way of economics, (don't throw stuff away if it still has use), and esthetics, (cloth napkins ARE so much nicer than paper). Not having a car was more a byproduct of having parents from big cities, NY and London, then anything else.
I have someone very close to me, I'm not a name namer, who's TOTALLY whacked about this. I will not become her, and yet .. My mom's who's probablly one of the most "naturally" green people on the planet, let's a teeny-weeny piece of paper fly up into the sky and I jump down her throat like she just personally poured oil over all the marine life on the continent. At work I try to surreptitiously take the paper out of the garbage and put it in the recycling bin. And yet ms green here luvs lux. Evenings all legs in killer heels does not see me on a bike; though, LOL, I did take a bus a couple of years ago on NYE dressed in a sheer white evening gown. WAIT, the BF's out of the room. Gotta' get that food covered foil out of the garbage before he sees.

No comments:

Post a Comment