Sunday, September 26, 2010

building resources

off 3rd Street in San Francisco, this is not some thinly veiled attempt to sell your old rusty screws for 10 bucks a piece. Good stuff for cheap. The T bus line which runs along the waterfront drops you right across the tracks from it, literally.

I just came back from my weekly poke-about. Flooring, glass, shelves, ... . Found these beautiful rounds of glass in a deep amber, edges perfectly softened so they feel luxurious in your hand. Don't know what I'll use them for, but they were too lovely to leave. More common is the metal shelving I left with. Finally, I can arrange my bags.

The guys who work there are amazing as well. They know their stuff, and will help you find yours.

There's this awesome waterfall constructed from old metal. Surrounded by plants, it's the perfect compliment to this great affordable resource.

The long wood pole which I sawed into rounds, came from here. What started off as some forgotten pole, I'm now sanding into wonderful, etched button closures. Actually sanding them has now taken over my life. On the bus, on my lunch, reading a magazine, blogging; there I am file in one hand, wood in the other.

OK, back to fabric cutting ...

No comments:

Post a Comment