Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Green Festival

it's here again, the Green Festival. Brings to mind a funny thing that happened at last year.

I was checking out all the booths, super yummy vegan bars, pretty flowy shifts, ... . Got into some great conversations, and then started to notice all, well 99%, the goods were quite cheap and made overseas. After looking at about 50 booths I started to wonder why nothing was being made by artists here. After posing the question many times I finally encountered one guy who was quite direct. " ...i t's too expensive to have things made here ... " .

Well, this answer begged all kinds of questions. Surely having a global green economy is essential, but I have always loved , "think globaly, shop locally" . That's one reason NUBE GREEN in Seattle is so fierce. http://nubegreen.com .

OK my Genmai tea has kicked in so I'm off to chat up some folks about glass fusing for my beautiful new scrap metal jewlry line.
xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Posey it's so hard to find things as great as yours for the shop, that are made in the US from US-sourced sustainable materials. Local production is such a huge part of the environmental impact of being a consumer, and we're so happy that our network of artisan vendors if finally growing. Keep up the good green work!
    Love, NuBe!

    ReplyDelete