Friday, March 4, 2011

Locally Made

so I just ordered some more labels from the lovely Lucinda, well we've never met but her voice is so melifluious, at it's mine USA; ha ha, I love the enthusiasm in thier name. We decided to add "Made in San Francisco" to my label. Brings to mind the whole thought of why and what eco/artist/ minded folks want, and by extention what I want.
When I went to the Green Festival last year, where no doubt there was booth after booth of enticing products,I couldn't help but notice that virtually every product was made overseas. This brings up all kinds of questions on what is "green". The carbon footprint on flying products back and forth, might just be one. Is there importance in supporting local artists. Yet as a designer/artist, and one who appreciates, and purchases beautifuly and unique fashion from around the world, I want a world where my designs and the designs of others are readily available, and yet, both as an artist and a business person I know the challenges in the market place when it comes to cost.

1 comment:

  1. I recently heard (though it is not recent news) that the No. 1 export we provide to China is ... our garbage.

    http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/tag/trade-deficit

    ReplyDelete