Thursday, March 3, 2011

Master Jeweler

Woke up to a wet grey day. Determined to stick to the day's plan I hop the MUNI bus which stops right in front of my house; one of those rare occasions of loving the much maligned bus system, then onto BART and over to Otto Frei tools and findings where I am to meet Larry Mikami the master jeweler. I could have stayed there all day, but he was generous enough to give me a good chunk of his time. I became more and more excited as he talked about his time in the jewelry/fashion design world of New York. We discussed its fickle nature; a huge dangle this season, a delicate little thing next. Letting silver chain run through my hands I saw my industrial pieces of mesh and glass dangling from it. "That's really cool" Larry said upon seeing my cuff. OK, I know I'm on to something

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide

No comments:

Post a Comment