Sunday, March 27, 2011

Green Boutiques

Wow, the amount of earth friendly stores opening each day is amazing and inspiring. Thought of this today as I sat down to google "green boutiques" in ..., pick your city. One that really caught my eye was "Green Envy" in Newport, R.I. .The combination of of a green awareness and a real sense of style and fun makes places like this so exciting. I had a great talk with the owner Rachel, I'll let you know what happens. More and more stores have this fun vibe. It's at these kind of boutiques you're also more likely to find artist-made items.
Once Whole Foods had expressed interest in my bags and then wanted me to price them competetive with some $2.00 overseas made bags. It turned out to be a great experience though as it helped me to focus on all the fabulous independantly owned boutiques around the country that love to introduce artist designed and made work. So I think I started with Seattle and found this rockin' place on Capital Hill called Nube Green. I spoke to Abra and she loved what I was doing with re-purposing. Artist-made pieces are a big part of what thier about so it was a great fit. It just kept going from there. In Atlanta I found re-inspiration store. Located on Atlanta's Westside, I wish I was there right now so I could go hang out on Brooke and Julie's couch. Turns out my SWEET D bag was a perfect fit for this eclectic fun shop. so many more stores and sites to talk about, but for now it's back to cutting fabric and deciding if I want skinny or fat sterling tubes for my re-purposed metal and glass earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment